Management and operation of the container terminal is subcontracted to the Beirut Container Terminal Consortium (BCTC) which is made up of the Lebanese-based International Port Management Beirut (IPMB), British-based Portia Management Services (PMS), and American-based Logistics and Port Management, Americas (LPMA). It was established in December 2004 and began operations in 2005, although the container terminal facilities were completed in 2000.
The Port of Beirut is the main port in Lebanon located on the eastern part of the Saint George Bay on Beirut's northern Mediterranean coast, west of the Beirut River. It is one of the largest and busiest ports on the Eastern Mediterranean
Raouché (Arabic: الروشة، ar-rawʂe) is a residential and commercial neighborhood in Beirut, Lebanon. It is known for its upscale apartment buildings, numerous restaurants, and cliff-side cafés that line Avenue de Paris, which forms part of the Corniche Beirut. The corniche or the wide, seaside sidewalk of Avenue de Paris is popular on weekends and evenings where strollers and joggers crowd the pavements.
1. ABDUL HAMID EL-FIL & CO. sarl
2. ARAB SHIPPING & CHARTERING sal
3. BOXER SHIPPING sal
4. CONTINENTAL SHIPPING AGENCIES sarl
5. EDOUARD CORDAHI AGENCY
6. ELIAS – CO. SHIPPING AGENCY
7. FAST AGENCY – JOHN F. KHAYAR & CO
8. FEEDER SHIPPING AGENCY
9. GENERAL TRANSPORTATION SERVICES (G.T.S.)
10. GEVO MARITIME & TRANSPORT
11. HENRY HEALD & CO
12. IBRAHIM JAROUDI & SONS TRANSIT CO.
13. KAWAR KHAYAT SHIPPING AGENCY sarl
14. LOTUS SHIPPING AGENCIES sal
15. LEBANESE SHIPPING UNION (L.S.U)
16. MEARSK LEBANON sarl
17. MERIT SHIPPING sal
18. MAURICE G. MOURACADE & COMPANY
19. MEDITERRANEAN SHIPPING COMPANY (Lebanon) sarl
20. SAKR TRANSPORT & TRADE CO
21. SEALINE sal
22. SALEH SHIPPING sarl
23. THE LEVANT SHIPPING AGENCY – FOUAD A. KHAYAT & CO.
24. THE LEBANESE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AGENCIES sarl