The Lebanese Shipping Agents Syndicate (LSAS) works for the public interest of the shipping sector.
- Coordinate, represent and defend the interest of the shipping agent at national level against the public administration, public and private organizations and institutions linked to the port maritime community.
- Liaison with the Government and public administrations in the preparation of regulatory projects and other matter of interest to the shipping sector.
- Increase influence and actively participate in technical taskforce and seminars for promoting and defending members interests and to convey the best professional image in the sector.
- Organize meetings and any type of conference that allow the exchange of knowledge, concerns and experience related to the different stakeholders in touch with the shipping sector.
- Encourage the training of professionals in the shipping sector by proposing specific training courses and technical information.
- Circulate relevant information and reports about port traffic, activity and ships.
- Encourage fair competition among members that adheres to professional ethics.